In-person Worship: Guidelines and Protocols
In-person worship will resume on
Sunday, September 20
at 11:00 am in the Sanctuary.
10 Things to Know before you attend:
- Our streaming of services will continue on Sunday mornings.
- We will initially meet in the Sanctuary for one service at 11:00 AM. Entrances (either side of the Narthex, and Elevator side of the ground floor) will open 30 minutes prior to the beginning of each service (and close at 15 minutes past).
- The Sanctuary will be sanitized prior to the service on June 14, and each week thereafter.
- Upon Entering: The door will be opened for you by a Greeter. At the table, you will be asked your name and a set of COVID-19 Screening Questions, asked to use Hand sanitizer, and to wear a Face Mask, which is required while on church property and throughout worship. If you cannot supply your own, we will provide you one at the Screening Station.
- Social distancing (keeping 6-feet apart) will be observed at all times. Markings on the pews and on the floor will help you keep a proper distance, and to direct you in both entering and exiting the building.
- In the Sanctuary: You will be seated, down the side aisle, working from front to back in the pews, by an Usher. Seniors have their own reserved section in the front. Seating will be in the spaces not marked by blue tape, which will also be designated by paper bulletins (which have been printed and handled by a gloved volunteer). Please be sure to take this with you (“If you touch it, you take it” rule) when you leave the sanctuary, either home with you or leaving it in one of the recycling bins as you exit.
a. The Offering: We will not pass the Offering Plates, but we encourage you to deposit your offering into the marked Offertory box as you enter or exit at the side aisle doors. Of course, you may also continue to give online, or via “Text to Give” (864-659-1812).
b. There will be no Choir during this transition period, but special music will continue to be provided. For safety’s sake, Congregational singing is discouraged at this time.
c. At the end of the service, you will be dismissed by sections (from back to front), and you will exit through the same side aisle of the Sanctuary by which you entered. Ushers will guide you as you exit.
- There will be NO Sunday School, child care or Children’s Church onsite until further notice.
- Children who attend must be able to follow all guidelines and stay seated with their family during the service.
- Please do not attend if you fall into one of these categories:
a. Individuals with: chronic lung disease, moderate to severe asthma, serious heart conditions, immunocompromised including cancer treatment, smoking, bone marrow or organ transplantation, immune deficiencies, poorly controlled HIV or AIDS, prolonged use of corticosteroids or other immune-weakening medications, severe obesity, diabetes, chronic kidney disease and undergoing dialysis, liver disease
b. Those who are sick, or have been sick within the last 14 days.
c. Children unable to follow the guidelines and stay seated with their family during the service.
d. Those who have any symptoms of COVID-19: fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell.
- Restrooms: Only open in the Parlor. Only one adult at a time. Hands must be washed upon entering as well as before leaving the bathrooms, and a paper towel used to touch the door handle when leaving. Water fountains will be unavailable. Water fountains will be unavailable. You are invited to bring your own water if needed.
Return to worship cannot happen without volunteers!
We need ushers, greeters, screeners, camera, social media and sound volunteers.